Need help with new 5-button mouse

I just installed a new 5-button Fellowes mouse;  4-buttons & a scrolling
wheel. I have tried the autops2 setting   & the right, left, & wheel(button)
function work but the scrolling function does not. I also tried the fups2, &
brw drivers  whith similar results. I have the mouse connected through a ps2
port using a usb adapter.
1. Is there a possibility that the native usb driver will work properly? It is
installed but I never used it. I would have to buy an extension cord for
that.
2. Any one else have this type of mouse working.
3. Any ideas or suggestions.
Thanks!
--
John Foster