Re: Help with Woody Install

Simon Kitching wrote:

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 19:38, Ben Alex wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm trying to install Woody (my first Debian installation)

Hi Ben,

I can't offer any advice on your SCSI/RAID issues.

But are you aware that Debian is pretty close now to releasing a new
version that will make Woody obsolete?

The current "testing" (aka beta) debian has a vastly improved installer
that might just solve all your problems. So unless you intend to use
this install in production within the next 2 months, you may well be

Or even if you do:-) I've not checked but the stream of security fixes is supposed to be in place now.

Be sure to test your system before putting it into production to check that it does what you want.

Also, Progeny has in beta a distro that is basically Debian (Sarge) but with Anaconda, Red Hat's installer ported to Debian. I installed a machine with it the other day, and apart from configuring a USB mouse where there isn't one (that's okay actually, you can plug one in later) and not configuring the PS/2 mouse that is there it went quite well.

better off trying to install the current "testing" release, called
"Sarge".

See: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Regards,

Simon