sound problem

Hello all.

I've recently installed Sarge with the new installer,
I am using the 2.6.3-1-386 kernel, I selected linux26
during installation.
I have a CMI8738 sound chip on board and the OS seems
to be able to see it - I checked the dmesg, and that
what it says "cmpci: found CM8738 adapter at io 0xe400
irq 5 ", however I don't get any sound, neither when
KDE boots nor I can play CDs. I added myself to the
audio group, so that is not the problem.
Any tips?

Thanks in advance
Michael

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad