Re: Bogus reply-to - dups

On 2004-08-08, Alvin Oga penned:

> hi ya "keep it in the list"
>
> On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>
>> Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.  It drives me bonkers when I get
>> personal emails that are just copies of what I've already read on the
>> list.
>
> shouldnt your get your (unwanted) cc mail before you get the mail from
> the list??

Nah; I have stuff that isn't recognized by one of my filters sit in a
queue, and then I have cron fire off an email if there's anything new in
the queue periodically.  So there's a pretty serious lag between when I
get email from someone I don't know and when I see it.  Which is fine
with me.

>> It doesn't bother me if no one gets the reply; it just bothers me
>> when I do =)  And anyway, Alvin, I don't have your level of faith
>> that the folks in question would notice a bogus/odd reply-to.
>
> it's always entertaining when you see somebody do an oh-shit and they
> learn something new  and dont do that again.. esp a lesson you've been
> trying to get um to do

Sure.  I'm hoping they'll get a bounce or something that will wake 'em
up.

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers: