Re: I hate it when that happens...

Juha Siltala <jsiltala@gmx.net> writes:

> One day, a couple of years ago, I had a couple of harmless xterms open on
> my pretty desktop. I was about to clean up my ~/shit (or something, just a
> temporary directory), but issued 'rm -rf *' in the wrong xterm. Hey, the
> contents of my home directory are gone!

I wrote a script to delete my old email from ~/Mail directory, basically
this: find $FOLDERS -type f -mtime $AGE -print0 | xargs -0r rm

Unfortunately, I forgot to add $FOLDERS variable, so it picked ~/, and
deleted a bunch of old scripts and documents I hadn't touched in
awhile.  And of course, I didn't have backup....

Really should have tested the script with an echo before an rm...

--
John L. Fjellstad