Re: Tasksel is not what it was.... SOT question

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 10:36:15PM +0100, Keith O'Connell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I am running testing and last week I wiped down a machine and
> 	started again. I normally use some of the tasksel groups to
> 	save time in picking files I will want. I now find that since
> 	the last time I used it it has changed drastically.
>
> 	There are less groups and no way to see what is in a group
> 	anymore. Well, I guess I'll have to live with that, but is it
> 	recorded any where what was in the now defunct groups. I am
> 	sure I overlook files and then I know I will need them, and
> 	the network will be down etc, etc.
>
> 	Where can I find out what files comprised;
>
> 		lsb
> 		unix server
> 		c and c++
> 		python
> 		java

Slightly off topic question: Why does tasksel still exist? Wouldn't
be just as effective, and less effort to create virtual packages for
each of the collections of software that tasksel installs?

Be gentle in telling me why not. Its just a question.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net