dselect installing packages I didn't request

Why does dselect want to install packages that I haven't requested?  I'm
not talking about dependencies.  Here's how to replicate what I'm seeing.

I installed debian woody.  During the install I said NO to tasksel and NO
to dselect.  I got a very minimal system (good).

If I run dselect, select no packages and then tell it to install, it wants
to install 79 new packages, which are:

bc bin86 bind9-host binutils bison cpp cpp-3.3 dc dictionaries-common
dnsutils doc-debian doc-linux-text dpkg-dev file finger flex ftp g++
g++-3.3 gcc gcc-3.0-base gcc-3.3 gdb gnu-efi gnupg iamerican ibritish
ipmasqadm ispell less libc6-dev libdb4.0 libdb4.1 libdns11 libgc1 libgpmg1
libidn11 libisc7 liblwres1 libmagic1 libnss-db libopencdk4 libstdc++3
libstdc++5-3.3-dev linux-kernel-headers locales lpr lsof m4 make
manpages-dev mime-support mpack mtools mtr-tiny mutt ncurses-term
nfs-common patch perl perl-modules pidentd portmap procmail python
python-newt python2.3 rcs reportbug sharutils strace tcsh texinfo time
traceroute vacation w3m wamerican whois

Why is dselect wanting to install packages that I didn't request?

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com