Re: dselect installing packages I didn't request

Hello!

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 11:50:23AM -0700, Matt Perry wrote:
> Why does dselect want to install packages that I haven't requested?  I'm
> not talking about dependencies.  Here's how to replicate what I'm seeing.
> [...]
> Why is dselect wanting to install packages that I didn't request?

AFAIK dselect installs packages of priority 'standard' or higher by
default, you'll need to explicitly deselect them.

True, some of the packages you mentioned are only 'optional' (like
w3m) in Woody, but they are at least 'standard' on Sarge which you
apparently want to upgrade to.

HTH,
Flo