debian-installer

I've been spying on the d-i team, and I note they've sent the package off to the build q. They've not decided whether this is a new beta or the first rc.

If you have a machine you want to install Debian on, or one you _can_ install on, this is a really good time to do it.

While you're waiting for it to get through the build q, (at least) those using any kind of IA32 can try with the daily builds.

You can find out about the new installer at

For latest builds:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/builds

--

Cheers