Re: Any chance of Debian adding YaST

hi ya john

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, John Summerfield wrote:

> >specifially, i'll be looking for showing the penguin on bootups
> >and also just the "horizontal progress bar" instead of the silly
> >boot messages and background logo on the whole background
> >

> The penguin (or other logo) comes up with framebuffer boots. Try

ahhh .... but i'm trying ot add my own logo on the bootup screen next
to tux :-)  and add my background instead of the funcky solids
or other people's ( distro ) background during boot

> The progress meter comes in from the post-boot scripts. I've not looked
> at that.

... good to sse its on your todo list too

> >i don't recommend corp to run fedora core1 nor core2 ...
> >
> That's not the point:-)

it is ( to me ) ... i need to make all kinds of disclaimers when corp's
want all kinds of crazy performance characteristics out of their boxes
and unfortunately ... 90% of the paying customers want rh and or fedora

c ya
alvin