Re: Any chance of Debian adding YaST

Alvin Oga wrote:

hi ya john

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, John Summerfield wrote:

specifially, i'll be looking for showing the penguin on bootups
and also just the "horizontal progress bar" instead of the silly
boot messages and background logo on the whole background

The penguin (or other logo) comes up with framebuffer boots. Try

ahhh .... but i'm trying ot add my own logo on the bootup screen next
to tux :-)  and add my background instead of the funcky solids
or other people's ( distro ) background during boot

IBM has a patch for Netvistas (diskless workstations). Most of the patch involves a Netvista graphic and, I think, a progress meter.

Mine are type 8363.

--

Cheers
John