Re: Any chance of Debian adding YaST

hi ya john

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, John Summerfield wrote:

> >thought (claus)knoppix also modified kudzu to knoppix to detect its hw
> >
> I'm sure Klaus Knopper made some changes, but for sure he didn't do it
> from scratch. If you care enough, have a look at the source code he offers.

yeah ... it's on the long todo list :-)

specifially, i'll be looking for showing the penguin on bootups
and also just the "horizontal progress bar" instead of the silly
boot messages and background logo on the whole background

> Ah, but you should see Fedora Core boot:-))

i don't recommend corp to run fedora core1 nor core2 ...

	- it's been too flaky in all the tests i've done
	or maybe i'm the flaky one .. but i do like to break things
	and test things before it goes live 24x7...

c ya
alvin