[OT] pci, 2d video card, with Free driver Xinerama support
It has been a while since I've used or put together any new computer
other than pre-configured laptops.
I've tried to create a little list of what I am aiming for. If anyone
has had success along these lines, I would really appreciate any advice
- Can drive 1792x1344 at a non-seizure inducing refresh rate
- Reasonable 2d quality for development and productivity app usage pattern
- Hardware 3d acceleration is not an issue; I don't need it, so nothing
- PCI (so that I can install 2)
- Can install 2 and drive 2 monitors with Xinerama support
- (Preferably) compatible driver in Debian sid XFree86, or will not
- ACPI suspend compatibility would be nice, but not required
- Something I can still hope to find at a brick-and-mortar retail store
would be nice as well, but not required
- $80-100 USD per card (or less) if that is reasonable. Is it reasonable?
This will be for a development workstation I am piecing together.
Apart from 3d performance for games (which I can't bring myself to spend
time on any longer), I find that I do not even know which brands or
product lines to look to.
Thank you for any advice, folks.