Re: Any chance of Debian adding YaST

Paul Johnson wrote:

Scott Thompson <sthompson@lldlaw.com> writes:

Does anyone know if there are any official or third party plans to develop a
version for Debian.

I think you missed April Fools Day by a few months.

I can't see anything that YaST can do that $EDITOR and discover doesn't
do better.  Besides, we've already tried something similar before.  Go
search for experiences with Red Hat's system configurator ported to
Debian around the bo and hamm dynasties.  Distro-specific tools just
don't work outside that distro.  And when they are, their usefulness is
often distroyed, as was the case with Red Hat's rpm.

Somehow I thought the Red Hat tools were working spectacularly well in Knoppix which most see as a debian derivitive.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait