qemu don't start

I am trying to get qemu to work.  The documentation is not of much
help.

I have made a flat file "c.img" using boch's  bximage.

Then I tried:

zsh % qemu -hda c.img
Serial port redirected to /dev/pts/338
QEMU 0.5.5 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) BIOS panic at rombios.c, line 1558

This is on Sid.

Did anybody on this list use qemu with success?

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If ye love me, keep my commandments."     John 14:15