Re: trouble with CUPS

Hi Florian,

I had and I still have problems with CUPS - although not more, but simply different problems from the lpr, apsfilter & Co programs I used before.

After some weeks into the CUPS domain I still run into mysteries. Some mysteries were there with BSD printing, but now some new appeared and some old disappeared 8-)

What I found out is: Very often it makes a difference whether I issue a

lp <some-file>

on the command line or try to print it from an application. And it is not file-type-specific! Some PDFs I can _only_ print from the command line, some _only_ from acroread, some _only_ from gv and a couple of them from 2 of the mentioned environments. I do not know what makes the difference, although I learned, that some PDFs from some sources need a special treatment (print on terminal or print from acroread or print from gv).

This is, of course, no great help for you, but it should comfort you: you are not alone.

Uli
--
Ulrich Paul Paul Elektronik, Erlenweg 18, D-86391 Stadtbergen
mailto:upaul@paul.de http://www.paul.de Tel: +49-821-156888-0 Fax: