Re: Re: cloning hdb4 to another machine

-----Original Message-----
From: Alvin Oga <aoga@ns.Linux-Consulting.com>
To: Wanda Round <wandaround@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: cloning hdb4 to another machine

[snip]

current# mkdir /mnt/clone
current# mount target:/mnt/hdb3 /mnt/clone

# let's assume /dev/hdb3 is mounted as /home
	if /dev/hdb3 is mounted "/", than copy only the important stuff
	- use /bin /boot /dev /etc /home /lib /opt /root /sbin /usr /var
	instead of "*" in the tar command

[snip]

Boy, I must have been unclear!

I have 2 different machines. I want hdb4 on one machine
cloned to hdb3 on the other machine. The machines are
about 20 miles apart (home and work).

The suggestions will come in very handy when I need to
clone on the same drive.

Any help on cloning from one machine's 2nd drive to
a different machine's 2nd drive?

--
Wanda