Re: Need an older version of Perl on Debian for WebCT

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 10:40:42AM -0400, Jason Rennie wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 02:21:03PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> > The problem is that (we are trying out sarge now) the perl version
> > (5.8.3) cannot open the Berkeley database files of WebCT 3.8.  I
> > suspect it needs perl 5.005 which is what is installed on the RH
> > server at the moment.  Is there a way to have both perl 5.8.3 and
> > 5.005 on the same machine?
>
> Are you absolutely sure you have installed all the necessary packages?
> Here are some packages that perl may need to read Berkeley DB files:
>
> libberkeleydb-perl
> libdbi-perl

No I was not sure.
I installed them and it seems to do the job.

Thanks.

It is time that I learn more about perl!

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then
      peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of
      mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without
      hypocrisy."     James 3:17