RE: newbie apt-get question

Thanks.  You are right - I'm using stable.  But, I thought that I could
override the version of Samba (or other packages) included in the
distribution by using the syntax in my original post (i.e.,
samba=3.0.5-1).  Am I mistaken?

Can I customize "stable" so that I use newever versions of some of the
packages (like Samba)?  If so, is there a "HOW-TO" covering this?

Thanks again,

Mark