Re: enable duplex

Quoting Jacob Friis Larsen <jfl@list.idg.dk>:

> When I enable both eth0 and eth1 the network only works after boot when
> I do /etc/init.d/networking restart

That's odd. Check the
dmesg
output to see what goes wrong suring boot.
[...]
> Also when I set up bonding I can not use the network. This is what I did:
> modprobe bonding miimon=250 mode=1
> ifconfig bond0 81.7.167.228 netmask 255.255.255.240
> ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1

Hmm, from the top of my head that seems ok. Did the modprobe module load
properly? (what's in dmesg). Can you see the bond0 interface in
ifconfig
?

What's the output of ifconfig? What's your routing table like after the bonding?
route -n
Can you ping the addresses of the 3 interfaces?
ping 81.7.167.226
ping 81.7.167.227
ping 81.7.167.228
Can you ping another host on the same network.
ping 81.7.167.229
What does
arp -a
show you.

> Any clues?

Not at the moment, but maybe the extra info shows something.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.