Re: SOLVED - Re: Safely Upgrading Packages

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:23:23 -0500 John Fleming wrote:

> I just now ran apt-get update, then upgrade, and then dist-upgrade - no
> errors, but 6 packages were held back, e.g. pppconfig.  Any idea why at this
> point?  - John

No idea. My records show I've upgraded to the latest pppconfig (2.3.4)
in unstable last Friday, with no problems. It may be some conflict with a
package already on your system, which may need to be removed first.

You can use aptitude to root out the reasons for the package holds. Or
(what I usually do), you can issue a 'apt-get install pppconfig' and
analyse the information shown onscreen, eventually saying 'n' at the
ensuing prompt.

HTH,

--
Carlos Sousa