Re: bittorent on dialup

On 2004-07-26, bob parker penned:

> Contrast these with jigdo which takes the load of both the server and
> the downloader by downloading only what the downloader does not
> already have available locally. Like wise rsync in very particular
> circumstances.

I know what you're trying to say, but let me clarify.

Bittorrent *does* allow you to resume a previously-cancelled download,
so in that sense, it downloads only what you don't already have locally.

The difference is that bittorrent doesn't handle changed files; rsync
and jigdo allow you to only update what's changed.

--
monique