Getting SIL 0680 workining on debian

Hello all,

although I am looking for solutions on google for hours now I don't find an appropriate description to get this card running as raid.

It is a SIL 0680 PCI Raid Controller and I tried to learn from the ATA RAID HOWTO how to configure such an controller.

I use Kernel 2.4.26-1-386. Kernel higher 2.4.22 are discussed to support that card.

On bootup I get the message that there would be to much paramteres for ide-core.o.

Following the receipt of the howto I construct following line

ide2=0xd400,0xd000,12 ide3=0xb800,0xb400,12

I feel some doubts seeing this falling row of numbers.

Has someone an idea or positive experiences how to get this running in debian.

Regards

Elmar