Re: question about patching my kernel

uname -a
Linux debian 2.2.20-idepci #1 Sat Apr 20 12:45:19 EST 2002 i686 unknown

cat /etc/debian_version
3.0

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Summerfield" <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Cc: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: question about patching my kernel

> Paul Akkermans wrote:
> Paul
>
> >Hi everone,
> >
> >Last week I installed my debian system with a cd-rom I got from a friend.
When I was installing Debian I saw that the kernel which was included on the
cd-rom was version 2.22. From the website www.kernel.org I saw that version
(the stable version) 2.6.7 is available. But the problem is that I have no
idea how to upgrade my kernel. Can somebody tell me what steps I have to
take to patch my kernel?