Re: How to de-Grub?

Simon Kitching wrote:
On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 13:35, Robert William Hutton wrote:
Stephen Cradock wrote:
I'd recommend that you install LILO using the first woody CD. LILO, unlike GRUB, installs itself exclusively in the MBR, so you don't need some other partition for the stage 2 loader which GRUB requires.

Are you sure? The MBR is only 512 bytes. I'm pretty sure that LILO gets
the MBR to point to the "real" LILO data residing inside a linux filesystem, just like Grub does. You don't get much code inside 512
bytes...

I'm no expert, but I thought that you could install lilo from your linux partition, then blow that partition away, and still be able to boot windows.