Re: Is Linux Unix?

%% John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au> writes:

  js> and another
  js> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html
  js> It is not ready for production use, as there are still many bugs and
  js> missing features.

While not ready for production, it is bootable and working in a
developer/hacker/early adopter kind of way.

If you're bored with tweaking your Linux-based Debian box and want to
play with/try out something funky and new, GNU/Hurd is (I think) ready
for that.  But keep your Linux partitions around for work time :).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools