Re: "Warning" failure in chroot . . .

Hmm.  Possible, and maybe I can experiment with the idea a bit.
How much space do I need for an installation that all goes into one place?

My immediate problem would be that that space is not currently available on hda - the normal boot device. I was also worried about the 1024-Cylinder problem, although I guess that's now a non-issue.

If you have any knowledge of the internals of the installer process, could there also be problems because of trying to set permissions on something in /target/var/cache/... ? That's a vfat partition at present and would not fully support file permissions. I don't know to what extent the driver "fakes" it. My ability to experiment with that is rather more limited but I'll see.

Mark Pictor wrote:

Sorry it took so long to reply.
I don't know if this has anything to do with your
problems, but I have never used separate partitions. (Unless, of course, it was a windows partition!) Less install headache, and you don't run out of space
on one partition while wasting space elsewhere...
--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.

begin:vcard
fn:David A. Cobb
n:Cobb;David A.
adr:;;7 Lenox Av #1;West Warwick;RI;02893-3918;USA
email;internet:Superbiskit@cox.net
title:Independent Software Consultant
note:PGP Key ID#0x4C293929 effective 01/28/2004
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard