Re: Re: Experiment: Neophyte versus Windows XP

Hello,
I have just read your article as best I could. I am confused, but not by you but by me. I have been using Firefox as a browser and Thunderbird as mailbox for about a week and a half now and I love them. I am thinking about dumping Windows XP because it is a pain, I was looking at Mandrake and ReHat. Debian Woody I have never heard off until five minutes ago. Is it really hard to understand. Or as I am not a programmer should I even be thinking about using it.
This is a vague letter I know.
What I am asking, I suppose, is would you go for it. Do I have to dump Windows before I start downloading Woody?
Any help in the form of ideas would be wonderful.
Thank you
Mark e Plummer