Re: Nagios vs Netsaint

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 10:14, Jacob Friis Larsen wrote:
> I see there are both Nagios and Netsaint packages.
> Which one should I use, or can I use both on the same server?
> Is it possible to use Netsaint plugins with Nagios?

Nagios is the "new" name of what once was NetSaint. All new releases are
done using the "nagios" name.

So you should definitely be using "nagios". I am, and it all works
great.

As far as I am aware, the nagios-plugins package contains all the
functionality that was available with the old NetSaint plugins, so
there's no need to use any of the old/obsolete NetSaint stuff.

See www.nagios.org

Regards,

Simon