Re: Problems with mounting RAID5 array at boot

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:50:10PM -0700, Matt Perry wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, CW Harris wrote:
>
> > > This seems like a bug in the raid setup.  Maybe it should be set at a
> > > lower number than checkfs by default so it starts sooner.
> >
> > Which version?
> > Here I have:
> >
> > $dpkg -l raidtools2
> > ii  raidtools2     1.00.3-5       Utilities to support 'new-style' RAID disks
>
> 1.00.3-7 for me.  I'm running testing not stable.

Me too, just not quite updated:)  I think this is getting over my head
for understanding it, but it seems to me you are correct this is a bug.

According to the 3-7 changelog this closed bug 240384, but looking over
the bug, I don't think I understand how.  There was a new maintainer who
took over between 3-5 and 3-7.  I guess you could ask the maintainer,
unless someone else on the list has an answer I missed?

I haven't upgraded that package yet, but it would seem a lot of people
using raid would be affected by the checkfs occuring first.

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.