Help

I wanted to wipe my laptop (ibm notebook) and put linux on it. I can't
figure out which distribution is right for me. I just need it for
personal use. I actually only need it for the C compiler. (As of right
now, I'm having techinical dificulties installing a c compiler on my PC)
I also do not have internet access on the notebook.
Also, once I download linux, how would I go about intstaling it? My
laptop is quite annoying
in the fact that it can hold either a 3 1/2 inch drive OR a cd drive, but
not both
at the same time, without turning it off in between.
Please help. Thank you.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!