Re: Suppressing "Document Contains No Data" Errors

Frederik Dannemare wrote:

> On Saturday 17 July 2004 20:34, Scarletdown wrote:
> >
>> Hello, hello!  I've been rather quiet for a while here due to being
>> busy with other projects.  But now, I am needing some help with
>> traffic shaping, something that I have zero experience with thus far.
>> >
> [ snip ]
>
> Sorry, I cannot give you a crash course, but you should probably start out by reading some of http://lartc.org/howto/index.html
>
> Or the easy way - without really learning anything about traffic shaping:
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/cbq.init
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/htb.init

wondershaper looks promising and extremely easy to set up for the simple usage I have planned. However, it is so far no good. Following the instructions, I added these lines to mt /etc/network/interfaces file to set it up:

  up /sbin/wondershaper eth1 768 128
  down /sbin/wondershaper remove eth1

That should have throttled eth1 (my workstation's direct connection to the cable modem) down to 768kb download / 128kb upload.

Here is what I was rewarded with when I tried to bring the interface back up:

-bash-2.05b# ifup eth1
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
Failed to bring up eth1.

All I could determine is that the error is caused by a problem with tc, but I am unable to find any help on how to actually fix the problem.