Suppressing "Document Contains No Data" Errors

Quite some time ago, I made a whole bunch of entries in my hosts file to effectively block ad servers and other undesirable stuff, using the instructions found here:

http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

This has worked quite well, except I frequently get "Document Contains No Data" messages when one of the URLs in the hosts file comes up. As an example, when I go to the eBay main page, I get that error like 8 or 9 times in a row, due to these two entries in /etc/hosts...

127.0.0.1 altfarm.mediaplex.com
127.0.0.1 ebay.doubleclick.net

What would be an easy way to suppress these error messages? I'm guessing that perhaps routing them to /dev/null might do it, but I can't remember if I should use | or > and whichever one gets used. Or am I way off base here in thinking that this will suppress the errors?