Re: Can't connect to my IMAP folders with Evo...?

Pls do not cc: me. I'm on the list.
Paul Smith wrote:

%% John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au> writes:

 js> Paul Smith wrote:

 >> The very bizarre thing is that I also use fetchmail to download one of
 >> my IMAP folders from the same account, leaving the other folders for
 >> Evo, and fetchmail connects every single time, no problems at all.  I
 >> run it in daemon mode and it connects every 10 seconds (!) and downloads
 >> my mail.

 js> It's always a good diagnostic technique to use another tool. Have you
 js> tried Thunderbird, Mozilla Mail, Kmail or Mutt?

No, but as I said fetchmail does work.

How many different tools should I try?  If at least one works that seems
enough to verify that the server is working and that my account is
active and my password is correct and all that basic stuff.

I don't recall that you said fetchmail works with the same folders Evolution fails on.

It's also the case you can actually get your work done with any of the MUAs I suggested. I don't care which or how many you try, but if any works than you have a workaround while you get the problem fixed properly.

If you don't like my advice, don't take it and don't respond.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait