Re: Bash equivalent to DOS /p

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:09:06 -0600
Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:08:07AM -0500, Jacob S. wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:31:24 +0100 (BST)
> > Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Have you looked at ~/.bashrc lately? ll _is_ a standard alias in
> > mine, or at least the installer put it there when I installed Debian
> > Potato. Woody seems to comment it out by default, but it's still
> > there. Not sure about Sarge.
> >

> No. The installer put in the line:
> 	#alias ll='ls -la'
> You removed the #
>
> ;-)

Well, it's been long enough that I don't remember if I uncommented it or
not. I do notice it's uncommented in all of my accounts, but that
doesn't mean a whole lot.

In any case though, it's not exactly the "making up commands" that
Thomas said it was.

Thanks,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #48:
Linux - It is now safe to turn on your computer.