Re: Bash equivalent to DOS /p

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:31:24 +0100 (BST)
Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Steve Barr <sbarr@madison-richland.k12.oh.us> wrote:
>
> > > I know that this is a really n00bish question, but I have to
> > > ask.  What is the command that limits output from a command
> > > to just a page at a time, like the /p command in DOS?
> >

> > 	ll | more
>
> Making up commands is not a good practise to get into. There is no
> command"ll". If you mean "ll" to be an alias for "ls -l" then you
> should have stated so, since "ll" is not a standard alias at all, as
> far as bash is concerned in Debian.

Have you looked at ~/.bashrc lately? ll _is_ a standard alias in mine,
or at least the installer put it there when I installed Debian Potato.
Woody seems to comment it out by default, but it's still there. Not sure
about Sarge.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #19:
Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if you
open Windows