Re: extern IP

Borislav Petkov wrote:
we have a wlan at our dorm and we get all itnernal IPs DHCP-ed. Everything works fine but I'd like to run an internal www and therefore need my external IP. The problem is, I don't have access to the D-Link router/DHCP server so that i could run ifconfig on it. Any ideas are appreciated.

Erm, if you want to run a www server, the only relevant IP is the one on your box. If you're getting a routable IP, then it should be visible on the internet, though it'll probably change from time to time because of the DHCP.

If you still want to work out what the IP address of your router is, try doing a traceroute to something outside, say:

traceroute www.google.com

That should list the IP of the router as the first hop.