Re: Newbie problems galore

Aye, it does sound like you have quite a mess on your
hands.

My personal _recommendation_ (do not take this as law)
would be to start from scratch, and use one of the
beta Sarge installers.  You'll find Sarge far more
up-to-date, with support for 2.6 kernels and Nforce
chipsets right out the gate.

Again, this is just a recommendation, and I'm no holy
guru to blindly follow the word of.  Best of luck to
you.

~Zaq