Mozilla Update Questions

I have a couple questions about Mozilla-Firefox and Mozilla-Thunderbird for the ppc.

1. I updated Thunderbird and the my settings (including mail) were overwritten. To prevent this from happening in the future, what steps need I take?

2. I understand the Mozilla package folks recently reinstated the postscript printing option. (I need this so I can print from Firefox to my USB printer -- using kprint.) I updated, but there is still no postscript option. Print preview still causes the application to die.

Thanks.

Ed