[Debian-User] NTP problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem connecting to the public NTP servers.
I have tried clock.redhat.com, time.windows.com (well...uhmm)
and ntp.debian.org. I use `ntpdate' to synchronise my system
when I connect to the ISP using dial-up. I have been using
the "-u" option consistently to query the NTP servers, but,
I get the error:

	malaika:root# ntpdate -q -u ntp.debian.org
	server 192.25.206.10, stratum 0, offset 0.000000, delay 0.00000
	13 Jul 23:21:36 ntpdate[1006]: no server suitable for
	synchronization found

Obviously, my ISP is blocking outgoing udp port 123. What, I
want to know is, does ntp.debian.org have another port open
that will redirect to 123. I will have to use iptables NAT
table to change the destination port, wonder if it is possible!

If anyone can suggest alternatives as well, it will do.

Thank you,

Didar Hussain

--

Did you know?
		EVERY TIME A LOAF OF BREAD IS BAKED,

		 Come to the award-winning 1987 film,
		  "The Very Small and Quiet Screams"
	-- a cinematic electromicrograph of yeasts being baked.

A must for those who care about yeast, and especially for those who don't.

			     SPONSORED BY
		Brown Anaerobe Rights Coalition (BARC)
	       Student Bakers for Social Responsibility
	      Coalition for the ELevation of Life (CELL)
		   Campus Crusade for Fetal Matters

Defend all life: "From greatest to least, from human to yeast!"

                  Random signature generated by Signify v1.07
                             http://www.debian.org/