Re: starting up

Stephen Cradock wrote:

Thanks, Kent - good to have such specific instructions.

Thanks. But, sorry, I don't remember the context of this message, so I can't really address much of it. However, the error

               E Dynamic MMap ran out of room

is common when upgrading from stable to unstable, and you keep both repository sources in your sources.list file. It seems to be a hard-coded limit in the older version of apt-get. You can override this limit by creating a file, but I don't remember the name/location/contents of the file. Stand by just a sec while I google . . . . . .

Ah, here it is.

Add this line:

APT::Cache-Limit=16777216

to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf