"apt-get" says file a bug report - Should I?

Here's the transaction...

   floozy:~# apt-get install firestarter
   Reading Package Lists... Done
   Building Dependency Tree... Done
   or been moved out of Incoming.

   Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely
   that
   that package should be filed.

     firestarter: Depends: libbonoboui2-0 (>= 2.5.4) but it is not going
     to be installed
                  Depends: libgnome2-0 (>= 2.6.0) but it is not going to
                  be installed
                  Depends: libgnomeui-0 (>= 2.6.0) but it is not going
                  to be installed
   E: Sorry, broken packages
   floozy:~#

I'm running stable Woody and I have the Woody version
of Firestarter running.  It does work (sort of) but it's written for
Gnome and I'm running KDM and it scribbles error messages to the
invoking shell constantly, whining about various (probably
Gnome-related)
incompatibilities.  I've verified (trust me) that "apt-get"
really is trying to go get the upgraded ("testing") version of
Firestarter.

My usual net trolling has failed to turn up anything about "firestarter"
having install problems of this sort.  The newer version of it is
supposed
to be KDM compatible.

Questions:

(1) If this isn't a package install bug, what is it? and how do I get
apt-get/dpkg/dselect/whoever to cough up the facts of the case?

(2) If it's actually some sort of dependency problem, how can I fix
the dependencies that apt-get doesn't like, and (since APT generally
doesn't seem to like the situation, and therefore there's likely to
be something ominous afoot) how can I be sure that whatever I'm
"fixing" doesn't cause more problems elsewhere?  (I've already tried
various things, and APT is *really* tenacious about not liking the
idea of installing this - and I already tried an "experiment"
in loading the "libbonoboui2-0" package which nearly ended in
disaster; see my earlier post today)

(2) I can't believe I'm the first person to encounter this...  so why
can't
I find *anything* about either the "apt-get" error message generally or
the
Firestarter install problem?  (Yeah, I know, I'm braindamaged and don't
know how to use a search engine, etc. etc...)

(3) Is it possible that I need to do a complete upgrade to the "sarge"
Kernel, in order to get this new "firestarter" to work, and if so how
do I make that determination (and why doesn't "apt-get" see fit to
inform me thereof...  etc...)?

(4) ARrrgh!! HElP!!!  <<<< Grumble...  >>>>