Re: ALSA under 2.6.7

Felix C. Stegerman wrote:
<snip>
What's worse is that as of recently I can't use
my headphones any more.
I've tried every alsamixer setting I could think of,
but still no sound.
<snip>
I'd especially like to know whether my card is faulty or whether
ALSA is causing the problem.

Just to let you know, I solved the problem with my headphones.

I found out that my Audigy extension card wasn't connected to the power-supply any longer. I haven't got a clue how that could have happened, but that's what caused the problem.

So ALSA wasn't causing the problem after all.

Regards,

Felix

--
Felix C. Stegerman

the QuiX project - Open Source Software Development
E-Mail: quix@free.fr
Web:    http://www.quix.tk/