Re: Console font change on startup - breaks laptop

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 03:00 am, Chris wrote:

> I've noticed that during (sid) startup the font appears to be changed
> - both on my desktop box and on the laptop. On the desktop box this is
> OK - I get to see more of the boot messages scrolling past before GDM
> starts.

Sounds like you're booting into a framebuffer mode that your desktop can cope
with and your laptop cannot.

I'm not quite sure though.  I can't quite decide what you mean by "when this
switches in."  Do you mean the console font at boot (on tty1), or when GDM
switches in on the laptop?

Well, either way, it's a place to start.  If you're using LILO, look for the
vga= line.  If it has some number after it, it's probably a framebuffer mode.
Try "vga=normal" instead.  For GRUB, I have no idea.  I'm sure there's
something similar.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/