libcupsys2-gnutls10 breaks printing of text on HP 920c deskjet printer

Package: libcupsys2-gnutls10
Version: 1.1.20final+cvs20040

I have a HP 920c deskjet printer. It has worked fine with Cups for a
long time. It works fine with libcupsys2, but upon using
libcupsys2-gnutls10 it will no longer print text.

On printing the CUPS "printer test page" you get the graphics part but not the words. In openOffice you can print grahics, but not plain text. Same in AbiWord.

I run three instances of Debian on this box. Sid or Sarge works with
libcupsys2 but not libcupsys2-gnutls10.

I have tried this with kernel 2.4.26 as well as 2.6.7 --- this package never worked for me in Sid, and now is in testing.

Any thoughts? Well, it has to do with printing test --- the graphics prints. An incompatability with hpijs perhaps?

Any ideas at all?

Thanks, Joe