Re: Boot Flavours

Hello

Ryan McGregor (<ryan_mcgregor@shaw.ca>) wrote:

> Hi, I would like to download and try Debian as my operating system and
> I don't know which of the 7 cds I need. Could you please explain to me
> which Cd's I will need for each of the boot flavours and how this
> process works.

Get the first CD (non-US). It has the base system, often used additional
packages and several boot kernels. You can choose at the boot prompt,
just read the instructions carefully instead of pressing ENTER. If you
have a fast internet connection, you can install the rest of the
packages you want directly from the net.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976