Re: How I killed spam without TMDA

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 11:46, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> I've been following the thread about TMDA with some interest, mainly because
> I recently started rejecting about 99.9% of incoming spam *without* using
> challenge-response or other load-increasing methods.  For details, read:
>
>     http://subwiki.honeypot.net/cgi-bin/view/Freebsd/FilterMailWithPostFix
>
> I wrote this article based on my experience on a FreeBSD server, but there's
> nothing that couldn't be converted directly for use on a Debian system.
>
> In a nutshell, before implementing this plan, I was receiving about 600
> emails and 50 spams per day.  Afterward, I'm receiving about 600 emails and
> 1 spam (yes, one) per day.  In other words, I don't seem to be having any
> false positives at all.

I like your attitude Kirk. I have used many of your snippets/pages to
make things more workable in the WWOIT (Wonderful World Of Information
Technology)

I can say this, those .cf directives are portable to Exim(v4.x) as well.
Personally I prefer Exim, but it is a preference.

I implemented Exim with Exiscan-acl and SpamAssassin/CLAM-AV (in the
same loop even) :P

I too have seen a severe drop in my Spam. I am even using RulesDuJour

I get plenty of Good Mail now.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is