help

I, of course, am a newbie. I can't get my printer or my digital camera
installed. My nephew installed debian then went to boot camp for 15 weeks. I
have a root password, but I'm not sure what to do with it. My daughter just
started college and I really need the printer. I just got the camera and I'd
really like to download my pics and print some out if the printer worked. I
have a HP PSC 2110 printer and a Canon PowerShot S410 Elph camera. Please
tell a computer lingo illiterate how to install the proper linux drivers for
these two pieces of hardware.