Re: debian X startup

--- Michael B Allen <mba2000@ioplex.com> wrote: > Matt
Johnson said:
> > 3. Now I want to hack the X startup scripts to
> > *automatically* go to one machine's log in screen
> > (I'll call that machine the "application server").
> > know the line I need to add will be X -query
> > 192.168.0.10 (where that is the IP of the
> "application
> > server"), but I don't know how best to do this. Do
> > change the default runlevel to 3, then add this
> line
> > to a script?
>
> I'm not certain what you're trying to do. I assume
> you're using the XDMCP
> chooser and want to have it to now skip the chooser
> and just have the X
> server connect to some specific machine?

Yes, reading my email, it's not at all clear. Simply
this...

I want to have boxes a, b and c boot straight to the
gdm of box d. When a user logs out of a, b or c, they
should once again be taken back to gdm of box d.

I *think* I need to put X -query ip.of.box.d somewhere
on boxes a, b and c. My question is how or where do I
go about this.

--
Matt