Re: Debian on a Dedicated Server

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 05:08:26PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Stelios Asmargianakis <linux@climbincrete.com> writes:
>
> > I want to ask why to choose Debian than Fedora or ES for example that
> > comes with 2.6 kernel and latest packages.
>
> Wrong question.  Right question is:  "Why should I chose Fedora or ES
> when they ship by default with software that wasn't thoroughly tested,
> when I can get a well-tested, rock solid OS from Debian instead?"

Hi Paul,
As someone who used to use redhat and now uses debian, I have become
aware of the 'process' that software goes through to get into 'stable'.
I never found out if Redhat had a similar process. Could you or anyone
else shed some light on this? (Because of RPM-hell I never plan to go
back but just are really curious)
-Kev

--

        (__)